Thursday, September 4th, 2008 at
Baby Proofing Safety – A New Parent Must Do Do you have a newborn on its way to your home? Well now is the time to Baby Proof any area the baby will be in. Baby proofing a home is fairly inexpensive and can usually be done by a soon to be dad with a screwdriver. The results are rewarding and plentiful. Before you know it, your newborn will be crawling, and if the home is not baby proof at that time, hazards are a plenty around the home for the now so curious crawling baby.
There are many things to consider when you have a child. Try compiling a list of precautions you can take even though you cannot cover all grounds. New situations can also arise any time. Someone wise once said this – Children are brought into this world with only one defense, and that is the noise they can make. Most of the time you can keep an eye on your child and try to keep them safe but you cannot do it all the time. That is why it is important to baby proof your house before the crawling begins and to make certain your child’s best interest is avoiding the poisons under the sink.
The child will need to depend on the parents as protectors as children are quite defenseless. The child needs their parents to ensure their safety is not compromised at all times.
So if you are baby proofing your house, here are a few tips to start off with.
1. Place plastic covers on all open electrical sockets
2. Acquire fasteners to hold cabinet doors closed. This may be an inconvenience for the parents to open the fasteners each time they desire to get into a cabinet, but the benefits of keeping your children safe is absolutely worth the hassle.
3. Put up baby gates near any stairwells to prevent the child from falling off
4. Do not have a pet near the baby. Animals are known to be unpredictable however domesticated they may be. It has been reported in the news time and again. Keep your pets far away from your child until it is safe for them to play together.
For more information on training your pets to be around baby’s visit www.teachyourhuman.com.
5. Ensure the security of your home. Keep windows and door locked at all times. Also never answer the door before checking first. You do not want any strangers barging into your house. For more information on Home Security Systems, visit the section on this site for home security.
6. Use latches for toilet doors. Some children are enthralled with the toilet water or the toilet flush. This is to prevent unintended drowning.
There are a plethora of safety items you can purchase at www.youracehandyman.com/babyproofingsafety. Evaluate what you need by crawling around your house yourself. This will bring you down to the baby’s point of view.
Check with your friends who are parents as well and visit their home to discuss about baby proofing the house. While you may not be able to purchase every item, however, every baby proofing safety item you bought will give you some peace of mind.
Remember, if you are in the Santa Barbara area, Ace Handyman Services would be glad to visit your home and provide a free estimate for baby proofing your home.
Please visit out store of Baby Prooofing Safety Items to help you get ideas about how to make your home the safest home for your new family member.
Ace Handyman Services